View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #148
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
Well, the constitution is suppose to treat everyone equal... seeing as it was only white men writing it, I think some things got over looked. Like basic biology. But yes, women have rights that are separate from the rights of men. A man will never be pregnant, therefore will never have the right to abort said pregnancy.

Lets also not forget that woman have also been treated less than second class citizens for the majority of our time as a nation. Everyone would agree that it is a right to vote correct? Women did not get that till 1920. AND that took an amendment to the constitution. So, not only did they have to fight for a "god given" constitutional right, but they had to amend the damn thing just to make sure that it was saved specifically for women.

Those would probably be the best two examples, but I can go through more if you really need it?
Thank you!!!! And im not saying im so happy with what Obamas done or that he hasent accomplished everything he said he would. "People say theyre all puppets", which in part is true, and that "if this puppet didnt do what he promised im ready to vote for some other puppet." Like a co-worker says to me the other day at work.

Thats all good if you dont care about social issues as imotions14 was saying, but if u care about the rights of people how have had to either fight for them or work thier asses off for them then its a pretty clear choice