View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #147
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
You have rights because you are a women?
Well, the constitution is suppose to treat everyone equal... seeing as it was only white men writing it, I think some things got over looked. Like basic biology. But yes, women have rights that are separate from the rights of men. A man will never be pregnant, therefore will never have the right to abort said pregnancy.

Lets also not forget that woman have also been treated less than second class citizens for the majority of our time as a nation. Everyone would agree that it is a right to vote correct? Women did not get that till 1920. AND that took an amendment to the constitution. So, not only did they have to fight for a "god given" constitutional right, but they had to amend the damn thing just to make sure that it was saved specifically for women.

Those would probably be the best two examples, but I can go through more if you really need it?

Quote:
If that's the case, I want my men's rights.
You do, its called being a white male. See how many rights you have compared not only to other races, but compared to females. The entire constitution is written by men (arguably only for ((white)) men).

Quote:
You should move to Canada right now because it doesn't matter who wins.
Sadly, I pretty much agree. Apart from some specific social issues, nothing in D.C. will change with the election of either party. However, those social issues are pretty important... so if you hate the gays/women/minorities it is a pretty easy choice. If you do not... again, easy choice.

Quote:
Obama can't repeal the laws of economics any more than the Soviets could and they tried to at the point of a gun.
Which laws of economics? Because the only economic system that works is when everything is blended together. An adherence to any extreme pretty much screws us all. Hard. Real, real, hard.