Thread: E85 thread
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #122
VegasTiff

Trader Rating: (1)
VegasTiff is an unknown quantity at this point
I know it's different with each engine, but how much timing did you guys end up adding to the map? Im having trouble with my tuner...i dont know if i fully trust what hes doing....so i have been researching a bunch and im thinking of tackling fixing the tune myself instead of taking it to someone else.

My setup is: s14SR20det, 520cc injectors, t28, powerFC, z32maf, FMIC, E85, hbc pro, aem wideband.

Now before my change over to e85 boost was kicking in around 2500rpm and pulling hard at 12psi the whole way. Ever since I have changed over, my boost hits 5psi at 2krpm and slowly creeps up as the rpm's rise and hits max of 15psi at about 5500rpm...it sucks. I have checked for boost leaks and vacuum leaks. Could this be an ignition timing problem? Maybe not enough timing? Here's a screen shot of my current timing map, please tell me what you guys think....i really need to get my car back on the track, im dying to tear it up : / Also at idle my wideband reads around 15.5-16.5, WOT is 11.0-12.0, cruising 16.5-17+ (super lean?) Highest engine knock I have seen under full load has been 25.

PS: The car has only been street tuned, we have not tuned on the dyno yet. From what i read when tuning timing you just keep adding it so long as your power keeps increasing and your not knocking a bunch?

Last edited by VegasTiff; 02-28-2012 at 12:35 AM..
VegasTiff is offline   Reply With Quote