View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #190
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
^thanks! hopefully it'll come out good haha

slowly been making progress. what should have taken maybe a day has taken a month. keep getting one step forward and two steps back.

i went to put the turbo/mani (guess you don't have to "hold the a" now) on and found the turbo was hitting the motor mount. hammered the heat shield but it wasn't quite enough. there are xcessive motor mount brackets on this thing, which make the motor sit lower. i didn't think it'd be this much... so i unbolted one bracket and jacked the motor up enough to get the turbo on only to find out the compressor housing was sitting on the motor mount when i let it back down. i guess xcessive didn't think someone would pair their brackets with a stock motor mount or something? so i had to throw a 2mm washer between bracket and mount. removing the turbo and manifold still requires me to jack up the motor, which is annoying. i should probably just switch to stock brackets, but for the time being, it's fine.

then it was onto the coolant feed/return for the turbo. my original plan for the turbo coolant lines didn't work because i found the previous owner had already deleted a bunch of coolant ports off the intake manifold and throttle body. so i ended up just using my heater lines. for the oil feed, i used the z1 kit, but my buddy who was helping me out ended up snapping the tee off in the oil block so i had to order a replacement. for the return i somehow managed to lose the damn $19 earls 90° bung to 1/2" npt for the pan so a replacement for that has been ordered as well. total and utter incompetence goin on in here lol

the good news is it passed smog, my friend who has done my paint previously has agreed to do all of the bodywork this time around, and another friend is going to tackle wiring up the ac and cruise control, which takes a huge pile of shit off my plate. so now all i have to worry about is getting it running and driving... over the next 5 weekends