Trader Rating: (0)
mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
All I can see is dashboard....
Yeah, but that dash cover is sexy as hell. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
In regards to DIY alignments, how are people doing them when using adjustable or extended LCAs? i would previously use the string method by measuring off the hubs but with a different length LCA, the front track width is altered. the track width is not increased by the same amount as the LCA is lengthened, rather a trigometric function of camber angle, extension length and vertical distance beween ball joint and hub. i was thinking of just using toe plates, but then would not be able to dial in thrust angle. maybe someone whos got this modeled in CAD can help me out?

also what size front wheel tire combo are people using? im using 17x9 +20 235/40, considering 17x9 +0 215/40, but not sure if i can fit that under stock fenders with 40mm S13 extended LCAs
When I used extended FCAs, I still used strings to dial out the crab walk (I assume that's what you mean by thrust angle) and then toe plates (more like a toe 2x4) to get back to zero toe.

Are you decreasing offset to gain inner clearance? Do you need to be stancy stretched? I ran into that same problem with my 37mm extended FCAs, so I got skinny wheels. They don't pick up many bitches or cute scene boys, but they have a lot more clearance and they fit under stock fenders. Just a thought.