View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #4992
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftmini View Post
I use driftworks knuckles and even though they can only do 55degree lock I can't imagine ever needing or wanting more. My lock is retarded in my opinion. And now that the roll centres and weight distribution and front/rear grip ratio are set perfect for my style, the car is literally impossible to spin and does backwards stuff without ever trying.

this whole lock quest thing is stupid imo. Infact I'm gonna start reducing my lock now until it effects my driving or driving style.

Imo if you gonna get knuckles they should be of a conventional style like gktech, part shop max pro mod or forged and also the geomaster.

No need for anymore imo!!
There is much more to front suspension than those 3, there is kinematic camber, bumpsteer, body jacking, scrub radius, ackermann geometry, self steer forces etc. The problem with pro-ackermann is that it drags one of the wheels and when you are at the absolute limit, you will spin because the inside wheel is slowing the car down and forcing it to rotate around it.

This is why Wisefab and Trackday performance have whole front suspension kits, not everyone can make parts from different makes work together, some just want to drive. I mean look at the contact patch of their kits, you can use much narrower wheels and still have same front grip and dont need the front to understeer to save you from a spin, just steer it!

You also don't need much static camber.
Tires following the road = speed
Tire barely in contact with road and sliding (inner front) = loss of speed
But I see you are a loyal fan for Driftworks, so you try it your own way

Last edited by Motary; 01-29-2013 at 06:20 AM..
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote