View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #40
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
power brace, fender braces, shakitto braces (damper tower to firewall), subframe braces.

Screw it, I want more track time anyway.
not sure what you mean by "screw it, i want more track time anyway" - whether you are saying "screw autox, i'm going hpde only" or "screw the classing, i'm going anyway"

short version:
classing should not discourage you from learning to drive your car at the limit...

long version:
those disqualify you for sure from SM. You'd be put in one of the Prepared Classes - EP; or XP if you have a turbo or engine swap. That's the official national classing. You can also always run "time-only" if you are self conscious about competing against basically race cars.

If you aren't competing nationally & want to see how you do, there should be a local Street Tire class (like I said, LA region has "CST" & "CSM"). There's also a Novice Index if you really want.

The strut tower braces are fine if they are 2 point (for the SM and below classes).

All that being said, what class you run in your first year doesn't really matter - you are there to learn, right? Almost every track guy who's been out to autox's have found the experience to be very educational & enjoyed it a lot more than they thought they would.

My friend & I competed in XP last year with STREET TIRES at the Pro Solo; we got our asses handed to us, but we had one hell of a time.