View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #41
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
I ended up finding it, thank you. I didnt realize that the consult port and OBD ports are 2 different systems.
I really liked your simple KA setup, and I'm going to keep mine for awhile and finish building the rest of the car first. Why did you end up deciding to go back to a 350z? I know TXSL has the rules about keeping stock injectors, turbos, etc, but why not SR swap the S13 since thats allowed.
I have been overbuilding cars for 10 years, I really wanted something as simple as possible. It's getting harder and harder to find KA24 parts and 240 parts in general, also AC in an s13 is becoming harder each year. An SR20 swap is expensive and I don't want to have SR20 problems, I would have done a 1JZ swap again, but thats $8,000.... This 350Z was effictively $2980 after I sold some parts off of it. My total investment will be like $6,000 and this will be a car capable of podiums in TXSL, I have no desire for more power than a stock DE with bolt-ons. My s13 was fantastic but I think I have made the best choice for myself to get as much seat time as possible and actually drive every event Lone Star Drift hosts in 2020 (except Texas Motor Speedway because of the roll cage rules of that facility)