View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #30
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think a lot of teams, if any, were going to offer cousins the max after his ACL tear. Sacramento really screwed Cousins by trading him. He was set to sign a 5yr/210M contract with the Kings but lost about $75M by being traded to New Orleans who could only offer him a 4yr/135M contract. Now he's making 5.3M this yr. lol

I think Cousins could have went to any number of places and signed a 15-20M/1 yr contract to try to revive his image. Like it was said, Washington was probably a good spot since they traded Gortat and need a center or even joining LeBron with the Lakers. I think Cousins chose the Warriors because he felt like he has a better chance to rebuild his image there, especially if he wins a ring. It will show that he CAN be a team player and can be coached, unless he totally blows it like Rondo with a respected coach and the Mavs organization or Dwight Howard with any of the places he's been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-03-2018 at 04:33 PM..