View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 04:40 PM   #18
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Very cool... but for all the long haulers I gotta ask, what's failed, or what's all been overhaualed? Not consumables(spark pulgs/ oil changes,etc), more like Turbos? Manifolds? Clutches? Timing sets?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Pretty much, I'm guessing that most of the stuff you don't consider a consumable -- I do. lol... turbos and clutches for sure. A long time ago, I got into the mindset that if I'm going to keep the car forever, then everything is technically a "consumable" at one point or another. There's nothing that will last forever... it'll break... eventually... But when you replace it, it'll last you another bazillion miles, so that's ok.

The only major mechanical part that hasn't been replaced or rebuilt is the transmission... well... partially true. I used to plow though KA transmissions like a mofo when I ran the factory-recommended oil weight of 75w-90. On my final KA trans, I started running 75w-140, and then when I went SR, i stayed with that weight oil and haven't had any issues with my SR transmission since.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote