View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
update

this weekend i spent some time fixing and finding issues with the car..

things replaced:
oil
spark plugs
coolant temp sensor
tps sensor

Also i had D from TARMAC help me out, he found out that on my fcon harness i had a broken tps wire, which was causing my tps sensor to jump around. so we fixed that thinking it would help my running rich issue..

so after all that the car was still idling at 9.7:1 , it would stumble around 2-2700rpms, but after that it would be ok, driving a little better 11.9-12.5.

on boost the car runs good, 11.5-10.8 no hesitation or flat spots.

as i drove the car for a little i did notice drive ability get better .. which leads me to believe that the fcon has some kind of adaptive learning but im not sure. It still doesn't run 100% tho but the flat spot went away.

then we thought it may be a bad o2 sensor on the wideband causing it to run like crap. so we swapped out my wide band o2 for a good working one and still the same

while going through all this i did find out that my wastegate gasket is burnt and needs to be replaced and has a slight leak, also my turbo seems to be a tad bit loose on the manifold but not enough to cause a leak ( or at least i think not) but i dont think a exhaust leak pre turbo can cause such a big difference in a/f readings..

the other weird thing is that when i changed my plugs they were fouled, i put new ones in and drove around with it reading "rich" but when i looks at the plugs/o2 sensor after putting them in they did not have any black residue on it to indicate it running extremely rich. idk im stumped..|

im going to fix the exhaust gaskets/leaks and transmission and see if any thing changes.. if not then im going to take the car to the tuner and have he re program the fcon..

at a meet with tarmac

i also need to put my damm aero on..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Finally some good progress

went to good ol Tarmac to do some work.. goal today was to fix transmission and exhaust leak.

started off by pulling off the exhaust, i had more leaks then a sinking ship, exhaust was loose in 2 places, down pipe was loose in 2 places, wastegate re-circulation tube was also loose/broken. pulled all that off.

transmission came out no issues tho.. i didnt take much pics but heres one of my twin disk chilling.. its sooo cute

while trying to tighten the wastegate we came to see that all four bolts on my turbo was loose as well.. we proceeded to tighten those as well.

while fixing the exhaust leaks, we decided no more re-circulation open dump ftw. I forgot how good that sounds.. slapped every thing back together and the car runs like a champ and i have reverse! :mysmilie_1725::mysmilie_1528gif:

now since all the hard stuff was done time for the fun stuff ... finally got around to installing my nismo N1 vents

making the whole

test fitting first vent

these things fit soo tight , we had to remover the front bumper so that we can get them to snap into the front bumper..

me and oder comparing aero

all done!

all in all a very productive 15hrs of wrenching

next up car goes to the body shop on Monday for make over:borat:

oh the problem with the car running like crap kinda fixed it self, we figured out that i had a broken tps wire on my f-con harness, we fixed that and once i drove the car around for a bit it started to re-learn the bottom end of the tune. guess the F-CON has some kind of self learning idk.. also i disconnected my map sensor and blew it out , it had some white powder oxidation on it. As of now the car is running good

ver.3 coming soon

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote