View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engmus View Post
I personally wouldn't recommend doing real 180 Aero, because of the complexity and the fact if you ever get a front mount intercooler you will likely be cutting that nice new expensive bumper up, instead look into some of the fiberglass copies which you might not feel so bad hacksawing to shreads if you eventually need to route piping through it.
There's barely any trimming at all required with a high quality intercooler kit. I would hardly suggest buying an FRP copy that will likely fit poorly and require far more work than it will take for you to hit an OEM bumper with a Dremel for 5 minutes to create the necessary clearance needed for an intercooler. That's my two cents anyway.

Below is a schematic for the kouki front bumper:

The brackets for mounting are all different than those for the chunk and zenki bumpers, so technically to do it properly you need all of them. However, the brackets are slowly being discontinued- even in Japan. You'll find that lookup codes 62242M, 62056, and 62673M and their respective left/right counterparts fall into that category now sadly.

So unfortunately, the days of googling the part numbers for all of the brackets (there are threads right here on Zilvia that list all of the numbers needed) and placing an order for them from a vendor in the states are now gone. You can still buy most of them if you are resourceful though. It might be easiest to import a complete bumper from Japan or purchase a used one from someone in the US that includes all of the brackets.

You can rig up a way to fit the bumper with only the bumper and extensions, it will just take some ingenuity and will likely not fit as well as the complete package. I would recommend at a minimum getting a hold of lookup codes 62050J, 62050A, and 62050E as those are the bulk of what's really needed. Best of luck!

CamryOnBronze.com