View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #27
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
All of the HP and Torque disadvantge in the world is 'evened' by the amazing amount of traction and the substantial gearing advantage, especially below 80 mph that the GTR has. Look at the First gear...IIRC it's a 3.xx something! Nuts! That's how you get a 4000+ pig out of the hole.

Trap speed however does show the HP difference...Stock GTR are 118-120 car...all zr1 I've sen are 129/131 cars...HUGE

...lets not also forget that 'equalizing' the traction by putting crappy drag radials (wish they were slicks) on the ZR1 puts it into the mid 10.6/10.7 range at over 130 mph I think there are guys with bolt ons in the upper 9's...how much money did AMS dump into that GTR to barley run 9's?

The better platform is the Vette, hands down. GTR is nice though. In the end they are totally different cars IMO.

++++10000 for truth... I have to argue this to every nissan fanboy on every 240 board. Have you guys looked at the damn maintenance costs on the gtr. Its like you bought a ferrari with out the pussy magnet attached LOL... My buddy is on his third tranny, this time it was not warrantied ... 23k installed....lol wtf