View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #21
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
The plan all along was to get a wiring specialties harness. Piece of mind and I don?t feel like messing with that much loom.

On the ecu. Corbic called it. I had planned to go with an Enthalpy tune. I?d like a haltech but not sure if anyone in ATL are experienced with tuning them.

While budget is not a huge concern I don?t want to over spend just to spend. This car will never drift. Very little track use. Just a fun street car TBH so diminishing returns is a concern.

I want to do it right and not have it spin another bearing or blow a HG. If I was going to run 400-500 whp I?d buy another car. I want my S14 to be enjoyable without having to constantly worry about lighting up the rear tires.

I do some looking around and see what is available around here tuning wise.

Keep talking. Y?all are giving me some good info.
Chip tunes are junk, every engine is different and they aren't tailored for your specific intercooler/exhaust setup. Not to mention you have no way of knowing if something is wrong with the car other than a blinking light.

I don't think you should look at an ECU from a point of needing the functionality, but from a perspective of wanting to know what is going on with the engine at all times. You're dropping the cash to re-build the engine, doesn't it make since to protect that investment?

Something like a Link G4X is relatively affordable, easily tuned by most tuners and will give you the ability to setup fail safes for oil pressure, fuel pressure, knock, AFR, etc. Along with having fail safes, you can log issues to easily diagnose and fix them before you lose an engine. The peace of mind added from knowing the ECU is looking after your engine is well worth the cost of going standalone in my opinion.