View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #25
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
You have a great point about the middle class. People should probably stop voting for the party that continues to hollow out all support for them while they swallow the bullshit lies about draining the swamp and throwing up distractions such as immigration.

I also agree with you that corporate welfare is not the answer and will squander our tax dollars. No company deserves a bailout, they should be forced to borrow with all the low interest loans that are being touted for everyone else.

This virus isn’t just killing or hospitalizing “grandpa”, it has and will continue to affect and kill younger demographics. This article sites the CDC directly https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

I understand your frustration and anger but it’s not as simple as your previous post alludes to.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote