View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
The automotive industry was showing no signs of slowing until the last few days, apparently some main distributors for dealers are closing down for few weeks at this point. Without the distributors parts departments aren't going to receive special order or stock items, basically bringing service departments and wholesale to a stop.

What I do day to day heavily relies on having a stock order each day, I manage a multi-million dollar Amazon seller account and without the stock, I cannot fulfill orders. Even with the current state of things my sales are high and consistent. If our supplier does close down, I'm going to either have to sell all of our current stock and walk away for a week or opt to put the account on "Vacation" to ensure we still have stock for any customers walking in/the service department. Either way my pay will be taking a significant hit and its going to be a mess getting everything back up and running.

All it seems we can do is take things on a daily basis and keep on keeping on. I wouldn't mind a week or so off even if its un-paid, but I know there are others I work with who cannot take that pay hit from not working.