View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #42
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Other then using Autocad in highschool for Co2 cars about 10 years ago, I've never used Autocad for much more then sketching up ideas. This was my first time using the sheet metal environment which is is interesting to use.

Anyways, plan is to make a steel pan (i dont have an AC TIG ), 3/16 for the flange and 1/16 for the sump. Couple design changes have been made using inspiration from SR20 sumps. instead of welding a tube threw the pan, I'm putting 1/2 NPT inspection plugs on the bottom to access the 2 bolt holes blocked by the passenger side sump kick out. I probably will make them studs or allens to avoid dropping a bolt in the pan while installing. Next change will be to mount the baffles to the pan instead of the block, its just too cumbersum to have mounted to the block. One of the builds i do follow in their latest update Project Binky shows a nice way to do weld in baffles that are removable for cleaning. If you aren't familiar with Project Binky its a pair of British blokes that are stuffing a AWD Celica GT-Four drivetrain into a classic mini to be used as a rally car, and their nearly done.

This isn't a finallized version yet as i don't have the required measurements for the oil pan flange and bolts or the timing cover bump yet. Soon I'll try to email Moroso, Canton or Kmiata but I doubt they would just hand over the .IPT file for the flange. If one of you other guys doing a Kswap could get me measurements. I'd be glad to get the pieces for the pan to you, at cost of materials, for you to get welded up.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote