View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #32
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
It's been a long weekend thinking about at the stuff I have to handle and store before I deploy in 18 days. I've been on the fence lately if I'll get to drive it before leaving again. Because before I leave, I have to pack my whole garage into storage and help my father prep to move out of state. Although these last few days of progress make it seem like I will at least get to hear it run, provided parts from Canton and summit get here quickly.

Friday I knocked out a heatshield for the fuel lines and body. Cleaned up the firewall from when I was using a VW coolant tank on the KAT and extended the body harness to fit around the heat shield. Also, while the motor was still out i went ahead and upgraded the oil cooler.

On Sauterday I got a couple buddys over and droped the motor and trans in for the final time. After notching the shifter hole I got the Gktech shifter in. After that, I went about checking clearances on the heatshield. Turns out it has great clearance to the down pipe but, not so much to the rear wastegate. Got a M8x1 to -4 banjo on the way to remedy this. Oh and when i pre-placed the remote oil filter I goofed and had it to far back to where the fittings were going run into the front wastegate screamer pipe. Moving it 2" forward fixed it and brought it even withe fittings coming off the block adapter.

Sunday and Today I focused on wiring and finishing the the fuel system. installed the Walbro 450lph pump by using a spare OEM hanger assembly as a guide. All that really has to be done is cut the bottom off the hanger and wiring it up. I found it weird I couldn't find a write up on this pump unlike the 255lph. While I had the pump out I crawled under and replaced the lines to the sender with E85 compatible hose. Took almost 3'.

The wiring has been kinda of a challenge to pick back up. First off i hastily cut my old Megasquirt harness during the part out and took a few important wires and connectors with it. Second most of the work i did on this harness was over a year ago and i had to fix a few mistakes the that gave me hell the first time i turned on the Haltech. Im very thankful Haltech has just as good if not better diagnostics then MegaSquirt with the addition of DTCs After good bit of fiddling tho its a about 70% wired up. It was a good feeling when i got the DBW throttle body working and seeing everything that was currently connected reading appropriately. Still got wire the cluster back in along with EBC, Flex fuel, turbo speed, Oil and Fuel pressure, and Brake input. Also need to look into my FPCU it works but it doesn't shut off on a low duty cycle like I thought it was supposed to but I guess ill just add in a fuel pump relay.

First start should be this weekend if all goes well...
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote