View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #31
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
The clutch finally goes on after waiting 9 months to get it and another 2 to get home. Fits perfectly with OEM Honda hardware. When I went to install the clutch I noticed a part number on the 6 puck. Now I havent seen any logos so I looked it up. Turns out collins ships there trannsmission adapter kits with a stage 4 Ebay clutch. It's not a problem as I've used them before but it makes me wonder why this kit costs 2300$. I Also had to retap a 2nd hole on the adapter plate near the starter cause I found another hole that wasnt tapped al the way through.

After getting the transmission on for the first time I wanted to test the clutch engagement before putting the engine in, as theres no room to pull it in the car and many people in the CD009 everything theard have had issues with this. So I got creative and pulled the master off my car, bench bleed it and then gravity Bleed the slave. I couldnt get all the air out but with a bit of squish in the pedal and a heavy pry I could get the clutch to disengage. Something tells me I'm not gona like this heavy clutch so when the Ebay clutch goes I'll get the inlinePro twin disc.

The transmission has to come off as I only had 6 out of 9 pressure plate bolts at the time. But after I hammer the tunnel on the next dry day I'll install the motor and get cracking on the last of the odds and ends. While it rains tommorrow I'll just knock out welding on the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links