View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #17
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Okay another update. Still getting this vibration. I have since the last post done the following:

-Milled down the bellhousing to ensure it is absolutely flat
-Lathed up some offset dowel pins so I could guarantee concentricity (input shaft lines up perfectly with pilot bushing)
-Installed new pilot bushing
-Tigged up a new transmission crossmember (trying to make it stiffer, ha)

Still vibrating! Input shaft bearing is completely silent now however. It's actually amazing how silent the bearing is. This leads me to believe that the alignment of the box is now for sure not an issue.

I ran the motor with a spare sr20det transmission bellhousing installed to verify that the vibration is something to do with the z33 transmission. With the sr20det bellhousing the vibration is completely gone.

The only thing I can think of now is it has to go with engine flex. I don't notice the shifter moving when driving the thing though. My last thought before I light this car on fire is the transmission may be moving upwards under load. Theres only about 1/3 of an inch clearance in a couple places, so it must be touching the body somewhere. I'm going to try to measure the transmission's movement and see if it correlates with the amount it would have to move to hit the body.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears!
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote