View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
So ripped the transmission out (again) last night. Was looking at the exedy clutch, and noticed that the blue paint marks for balance were off! I must have inadvertently installed the clutch out of alignment. The marks were off by one bolt hole.

Here's where it gets weird though. I called Exedy and the service rep said that the clutch being off by that much shouldn't matter. They balance the flywheel and pressure plate independantly of each other. They then put them together and mark the best balance with the blue mark, but both should be zero balanced. This makes no sense to me, as why mark the clutch at all then?

What do you guys think? Should I take the clutch to a third party shop and verify Exedy's work? Or should I just fix the balance alignment and slap it all back together?
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote