View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #31
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCodeCuda View Post
Cons:
Drivers' side fender and door have been replaced off another paint code FCN S14 (dude sideswiped me about 15 years ago and I just pocketed the insurance money and replaced the door & fender myself).
Small rust spot behind driver's side wheel (can easily be cut out or covered with a body kit)
Fenders and hood are slightly dinged up but (I would just replace with fiberglass fenders and hood)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCodeCuda View Post
MechanicalMoron, not sure why you take things so personally? In my original description of the car I clearly mention the small section of rust on one rear quarter panel. I also clearly indicate that it needs to be cut out or have a body kit placed over it (depending upon what someone wants to do with the car). Then spoiled240 jumps online and mentions severe rust on both quarters ( which is not true) and the rust will need to be cut out to be repaired properly (which again is what I clearly stated in my initial description of the car). He then talks about seized bolts ?nickel and dining? which is not true for the average enthusiast. But getting back to the metal that may need to be replaced on my car is a 2 inch by 4 inch section; hardly what I would consider ?chassis needing some rather extensive body work.?
It just seems like you are downplaying the rust on the car.

And there's clearly rust on other parts of the car. If you don't think you're going to need a can of penetrating oil for just about every job you do on this car then clearly you've never worked on an old rusty car.

I'm really not trying to be a dick. As I said before, "The interior is clean which is worth some coin, but the chassis does need some rather extensive body work in some areas." I don't think I'm wrong about this..cutting out sheet metal, welding a new piece in, contouring the body lines back in and shooting/blending it with well-matched paint is "rather extensive" to the average car enthusiast. Also, these are uni-body cars..similar to a Plymouth E body that your R-Code 'Cuda is built from. This means that the quarter panels are perma-welded to the frame rails as one unit and if one of them is rusty...well, the chassis is rusty.

and to the guy that neg repped me saying, "you dont know wtf your talking about with rust fuckign cali boi" It's all relative, boi. This is probably considered a "rust-free" gem on the east coast but rust is rust.

Last edited by spooled240; 07-06-2021 at 09:48 AM..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links