View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #73
Tank240sxT

Trader Rating: (0)
Tank240sxT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
Unless you're savvy with standalone ecu's I would stray away from the vvti model 1uz. It may make more power off the bat, but the ignition system for those models are a pain in the ass to deal with (very similar to a vq35 swap). I haven't finished my swap yet, but a buddy of mine should be done with his within the next few days, and I'll be able to give some information as far as driving impression goes.
Cool let me know what you think. I have an opportunity to get this swap turn key for $2500 with working A/C. I could likely do this myself but the wife would prefer if I spend that time with her rather than trying to do motor work. She is cool about me doing suspension, cosmetic and stereo stuff but not motor work. I messed up one time and it cost me big. The 1uz may not be big power but most of the time an SR motor set will cost you that much and that is a stock motor. For the money this seems much better. When I think about it the power potential is much higher with this setup. And with this not being a drift car this should be fast and fun.
Tank240sxT is offline   Reply With Quote