View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignMuscle View Post
I'm going to have to side with str8e180 on this one.. Although, I promise I am not criticizing your decision because in the end it is YOUR build and not ours. Your ports do look massive when compared to factory de ports, but there is no way you can truthfully say that a ve wont out-perform the btcc head. The ve is the be all, end all for the sr20, hands down. Not only are the ports larger than the btcc's in stock fashion, but variable lift and valve timing make it even more amazing. You could do all that nice porting to the ve head just as you have for the btcc. The shaft mounted rockers are the best design for the sr20 by far. No matter what you do you will have problems with the rockers un-mounting themselves at high rpm. A dual guide shim setup is the next best thing, but still it doesn't compete with the ve head, which Mazworx uses to rev out 13k rpm.

I love this build and I think it will shake the earth when it hits the track, but there is no denying the ve head's performance despite the rarity of the btcc head. This build will be different and I applaud that. I look forward to seeing the finished product. It is on a completely different level compared to most of Zilvia's builds. Keep up the hard work!
Well said mate
That's exactly my point
STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote