View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5T_/<ouki View Post
97’ Q45 diff. It doesn’t have in/out or side to side play, however there seems to be some “play” almost as if it turns a quarter of an inch before it engages with the ring gear and you can clearly hear it from the video.

Story: I had shimmed the diff and literally had a HELL OF A TIME trying to get everything back in the housing with the races and spacers. It almost feels like it’s not in ALL the way however I am unable to seat it any further.

Would my symptoms be caused from it not being properly seated in all the way? Would a crushed adjustment spaced cause this?

Thanks

https://youtu.be/1OT1jgrXD0E
Were you able to get the caps back in and torqued to spec?
If the diff isnt seated properly, the ring gear wont engage the pinion correctly. Grab some gear marking compound, put it on the ring gear and spin it from the pinion end. Look at the tooth engagement and compare it to the FSM. Should tell you whats wrong.