View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #20
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Just put some cheapy plugs in it and see if the problem goes away. If it does not, the next step is start replacing ignition parts, like coil packs. camshaft angle sensor if you have a spare. Igniter if you have a spare. Coil pack harness. Could always be something in the harness rubbing something else of course, but you wont find that unless you start taking off the tape and looking at whatever's down there.

Is the misfire constant? Is it like turning on a switch that stays on for a little while? Or does it happen real QUICK and then stop suddenly just as fast as it started?
And does it feel like a single cylinder? would be great if it was just one cylinder coil pack going bad.
What's an "Igniter"?

Coil Pack Harness is brand new, just replaced it.

Misfire is like a switch. It's pretty much consistent in closed loop when there is no fuel enrichment. If I move the throttle quickly thou, the fuel enrichment fixes it.

I've actually tested the coil packs by taking them out and cranking the engine with the spark-plugs touching a ground, they all seemed to work fine. Of course, under load is a different thing.

NOW.

I was looking at the data log, and the timing stayed the same, but I noticed something else.

So I said previously that the duty cycle stayed the same. But, duty cycle is inversely proportional to RPM. So if RPM is rising, and injector pulse is consistent, the duty cycle should rise too.

So I mapped out the injector pulse, and what do ya kno, it goes down! However, it's not directly proportional with the narrowband readings. The Narrowband actually first reads slightly LEAN, all while the injector pulse is going down, but then the narrowband has a bipolar moment and switches to full RICH.

Here is the graph so you can see for yourself:
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote