View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #23073
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc0329 View Post
I have a brand new one center garnish from Nissan. (The metal piece that sits below the tail lights.) my question is, is this ready for paint or do I still need to primer it? It is a black color so I’m not sure if it already has primer on it..
its black stamped metal... will need to be shot with primer.

if youre doing this yourself, shoot it with etching primer. if youre taking it to a shop to have it professionally shot, dont touch it and let them do everything.

using spray paint on anything with the plan of having it professionally painted later will only cost you more money in the long run. 2 part paint and primer that paint shops use do not mix with previously spray painted items due to the aerosol chemical mixed in with the paint. whatever part or piece you shoot with spray paint will have to be taken back to metal for the professional grade primer to stick properly to (otherwise it will most likely fail)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote