View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 09:11 AM   #6
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
I did not forget about this thread, just had other things come up.
So I have about 1-2mm of clearance.
I stuck a credit card (no raised lettering) and it barely clears in between the tire and spring.

I reached out to PBM around the same time as making this thread.

What I understand from his email is that this is normal and these are my options:

1. I can do tuzzio's trick as there is some slop built into the lower mount top hole
2. I can add a small spacer to get clearance, apparently up to 7mm is fine on stock studs
3. I can reverse the lower mount, which will give me more positive camber and use my upper mount to get some negative camber if I need it. This is a more drastic camber change since the mounting holes are offset

Since I spent a shitload of money to buy wheels that fit my car in sizes that should work, I'm going to do what I can to not run spacers.

I have a shitload of 18 x 9 + 20 wheels and I have a pair of 18 x 9 + 10.
I will have to test fit the wheels with a tire on it and see what it gets me to although I already know itll be close if not touching.

The rim itself will not touch, but the tire to spring clearance is where I'm hesitant.
Anyway, I'll post a follow up whenever I get some tires mounted.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...h=9&offset2=20

For those with newer coilovers, this was something else I saw

https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/...ct-description

Since I have the older ones, my thread spec is different they won't work on my car.

1 mm clearance by A P, on Flickr

Cook over clearance by A P, on Flickr
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote