View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #29
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Jordie this is so excellent!
Thanks Teddy, Hopefully your 4dr gets finished soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
I love reading this. Would you ever consider going full amber corners? While its not authentic to GTSTs, I think it looks much better...especially since you have a gtr front!
Nah, Im not very fond of full amber corners. I am debating on sourcing a Tommykaira front bumper, Part of me wants a full matching kit, but I love the aggressiveness of this front end.

**THROWBACK The following events took place June 2014**

While on the topic of the front bumper. Being a type M it naturally came with a Type M Bumper which I was never really fond of. It needed a lip to be cool and all the available lips for were god awful aside from the TBO lip which is rarer than a unicorn. The aggressiveness of the JUN lip caught my eye and I knew I needed a GTR bumper.

I sourced a beat up GTR bumper at a local importers for a fairly cheap price. Sold the stock lip and made half my money back and bought a JUN rep lip (Its likely going to get smashed anyways)

I then wanted N1 ducts to complete the look. Genuine N1 ducts are worth more than double the price I paid for the bumper so I opted from some Z1 motorsports Fiberglass ones. I measured 15 times and cut once.

Fitment was 100% Awesome

At his point I had two giant holes in the front of my bumper and two very shitty pieces of fiberglass. Time to get creative.

I took some measurements from both the holes in the bumper and the fiberglass reps. I made them in solidworks and cut them out on the CNC router table at work

Next I cut the flange off the fiberglass reps and started playing with some Adhesives.

I am not 100% sure how they will hold up time will tell I suppose. I think they came out great, all things considering

i also made use of the rear window washer nozzle. Intercooler sprayer anyone?

But more on that later.

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 11-02-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote