View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 12:56 PM   #1
S142Fast

Trader Rating: (0)
S142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura aboutS142Fast has a spectacular aura about
Restoring S14 Dash To OEM

What started as a project to restore my dash to OEM has now turned to a service that I am thinking of providing. I have always found the process of putting body filler on your dash and painting it as a very unsustainable way of repairing a dash. I reached out to a company to restore my dash and I got quoted 2500$ without shipping fees and a few months wait time. So I decided to try and restore it myself along with my brother that has 7+ years of experience in vinyl/ppf. I started by removing all OEM Vinyl because once the original vinyl is cracked it becomes so brittle that any pressure on it just breaks it and putting anything on top of that would just be dumb. I then re-foamed any imperfections it had, we then shot a industrial glue and wrapped it in 1 piece of high quality vinyl leather that is darker than the OEM black/charcoal dash color. This was our prototype dash we have now found better ways of improving the overall quality and will continue to improve. For anybody interested in this service I want to ask for feedback and price discussion for this type of service.

https://imgur.com/a/C3p8R5i
S142Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links