View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
So it's been a month now with the 350z box. I've taken it out, bashed the ever living hell out of the tunnel and ensured I have at least 1-2 inches of clearance around the box.

Still have the vibration. Gonna loose my mind.

I spent a lot of time revving the motor (neighbours hate me) trying to figure out if its doing it only under load. I've found:

1) Vibration occurs if clutch is disengaged or engaged in neutral.
2) Vibration is worse under load.

I'm now wondering if it is either bad motor mounts, bad harmonic damper, or a bad clutch.

I have an exedy hyper single and I called exedy to ask if they can go out of balance, tech said it is unlikely and they are balanced to 15,000 RPM.

So is there a chance this could be a harmonic balancer or motor mounts? My balancer and mounts are OEM and ancient, but I can imagine they would cause a vibration this bad.

Thoughts?
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote