View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 02:03 PM   #46
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Yep. Clamp up the driveshaft in a vise, pop the spot where it's staked out with a punch or a cold chisel, then bang off the nut with an impact. Then I was able to pull the flange off with a regular gear puller. Make sure to mark the flange's orientation. Then I think I hammered the old bushing off.

My Ridgid 1/2 cordless took it right off, I think it's torqued to about 200ft-lb.

Get the new bearing as far on as you can, put the flange over it lining up your marks and use the new nut to send both the bearing and the flange home. Then torque it. Need a good vise for this because mine kept slipping as I was trying to put the 200ft-lb or whatever on it.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote