View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:45 AM   #7855
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marphie21 View Post
This brings me to what i really want to discuss:

What are you supposed to notice with reduced anti squat?

You can be more aggressive with throttle due to the fact that the rear kinematics are able to move more freely, and in turn let the coilovers "absorb" the shock from aggressive throttle inputs?

Aside from forward traction, how exactly does this affect side to side load transfer?
Thanks for sharing this. I think if we're all discussing our results then we can come together and share ideal setups.
I think what you're experiencing is exactly the things that less anti-squat would do. Does the car have sway bars on it? Sway bars affect side to side and front to rear loading more than most people think.
Side to side loading is definitely affected as the car squats more, it only makes sense that the car is more sensitive to loading the outside rear tire in drift. I think this is part of the reason people can get away with not having a sway bar(s) on S13's and why you tend to see them on S14/15's. Toe out is standard in bump on the s-chassis, and since your drop knuckles keep the factory kinematics, they still have this quality. I'm very interested to see if the wisefab kit I have maintains or changes this. I'll have answers soon.

Here are some interesting shots of the setup on Odi Bakchis' S15 (sorry for the poor quality zoomed screenshot):

And his S13.4 practice car (looks like he's using a cheap toe arm clevis welded to the bottom of the subframe itself):

You can see that the front pickup for the RLCA is dropped even farther than stock S14/15, it would seem to the limit allowed by FD.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote