View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 06:36 AM   #7764
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg54 View Post
Thanks for the input.

I?m kinda over dealing with Wisefab. I will probably get rid of my v1 kit.

What would you guys suggest as a complete angle kit to replace Wisefab? I am looking for decent angle and good feel. If possible bolt on without any modifications like steering rack to deal with.
I'm a big fan of KISS. Both my R32 (USA Practice Car) & Silvia (Japan Practice Car) run;

B-Knuckle
Stock-length S13 LCA
S14 inner/outer tie-rod
Angled Tension Rods
Rack is in stock location
No over-centering issues with factory bump stops still in place

R32 is:
FRONT
9k Swift Springs
-4.5* Camber
-.20 Toe
Caster pulled as far back as possible without rubbing inner well
GKTech High Clearance Sway Bar

REAR
5k Swift Springs
-2.5* Camber (tire rolls flat on big decel entries with suspension compression)
-.125 toe
OEM Caster Arm
Factory rubber bushings throughout
Factory Sway bar

Base your setup off of the tracks you primarily drive. My home tracks, and favorite Japanese Circuits, are based around snappy, off-throttle, decelerating main corners/inner apexes. A majority, but not all, USA tracks are sweepers and mostly on-throttle. This plays a big role into determining how to set up your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakley View Post
There are a lot of things I learned and picked up going through the process / ranks / power levels that I would not have otherwise picked up from just hopping straight into an LS 240sx with a seriously tuned suspension setup.
Bingo! Crucial fundamental skills are often over-looked and not trained AT ALL. You can usually tell which drivers started in a low-HP, no angle, car and those who hopped right into an "over-built" (relative to their skill level) car. One obvious red-flag is HOW they use their hand-brake.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote