Thread: Low oil = bad
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 01:43 AM   #1
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Low oil = bad

2003 350z

Yea, pretty obvious right? I knew better but got lazy and let a leak go unfixed for a while. Dropped the oil pan to replace the gasket (finally...) and found a decent bit of copper. Fun. Anyway, I've been told its likely my bearings. I'll be towing it up to my current home in order to fix this shit on sunday. I have two uncles coming into town for thanksgiving who are very experienced mechanics but not really familiar with Nissans and not going to be here for that long meaning time is of the essence. So my question is what should I be looking for in replacement bearings and is there anything specific to the VQ35DE that we should be looking for during teardown? I haven't ordered bearings yet, or even pulled the motor, but I need suggestions on whether to go OEM or aftermarket, sizing, etc as well seeing as I really need to order things on Monday.

All help is appreciated, especially since its killing me that I'm surrounded by the great mountain roads of North Carolina and driving a Wrangler instead of my Z. Seriously, the rollover risk, and the fact a 4.0L 6cyl makes like half the horsepower of a VQ, is literally killing me.

Actually, now that I think about it the woods around here are on fire too so maybe I've just gone to lack-of-Nissan hell?
Sponsored Links