View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Thumbs up Product Review: Drift Freaq's Engine Mouts

Buy his engine mounts.... I had POS new Nismo engine mounts all around with Nismo tranny mounts. Had steering tremors, felt vibrations like crazy, just felt really stiff all around AND there is DEFINITELY a 1" height difference between the Nismo's and DF's Mounts... My greddy FSTB had heavy dents from my engine torque cause it wouldn't clear with spacers already on there!....

You can already see the difference in height that is about 1/2" difference

Here you can see it installed on the turbo side...

The stupid nismo ones had a little tabe to keep it from spinning which in my theory thinks the engine couldnt' sit flush with the mounts

Driving impressions immediately are quieter more comfortable ride, less steering tremors all around, quieter on launch.... I am pretty sure the mounts will settle a little more over time, but these are unbelieveable!

Run down:

#1: Better than Nismo's in comfort meaning less vibration
#2: Easier install cause you can twist these any way you want to have it sit more flush tan nismos... 1 screw is in the middle of the mount which is up side and offset screw is down.
#3 The engine sits 1" lower than Nismo's
#4 WAAYYYY cheaper than Nismo's...

I am currently am using the nismo tranny mount with these engine mounts and its a good combo...

To install on SR:

Remove Clutch Fan.

Loosening Engine Mounts from the bottom. You can get to all 4 nuts from the bottom.

Remove Front Strut Tower Bar.

Put a piece of wood the size of your oil pan and lift the engine with a jack.

Screw in the middle of DF's mount go into engine side, and offset screw side goes to the frame side.

(MOST IMPORTANT) Use anti-seize on bolts.. These seize really easily with heat from engine.

Put in engine mounts and rotate mounts till they sit flush.

Bolt everything back in and go for a drive!

Good Stuff Drift Freaq!

My Car Specs: Motoria Arms all around, Megan Tracks, Solid Diff Mounts, Solid Subframe Mounts, SPL Inner and Outer Tie Rods....

370WHP at 330FT/LB of Torque.....