View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 04:05 AM   #297
smink
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

Fully agree with this and know exactly said person you’re referring to by this statement alone. I turely think a lot of this garbage is a younger generation thing. I blame Instagram and Facebook for this nonsense. And it’s sad because Facebook is where most parts locates is now. I can’t stand it.

And the kids on Facebook who are literally a 5min google search away from the answer they seek on these s-chassis related groups. If you want to have some fun tell those kids to stop being lazy and search. Then all the crybabies come out of the woodwork with all their butthurt. That’s a good time.

I remember buying my first S13 15yrs ago when forums were young and fun. And you didn’t dare ask a question that had already been covered. Or the virginity of SR swaps and you had to read magazines to get your info. Back when generic parts really didn’t exist. These little young lazy shits and scene kids really grind my gears. End old man rant.