View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
The input shaft will only go into the flywheel's hole from the look of it - that spacer is there tho to move the flywheel out (i assume the spacer will replace the crank to hold the pilot???)
Quote:
Install the flywheel spacer and flywheel with the new 12mm bolts. Some crankshafts have an additional pilot sleeve that will interfere with the new spacer. These are typical on crankshafts that came from automatic transmissions. You will need to remove or grind this sleeve to accommodate the flywheel spacer. Use the 6 supplied 12mm washers with the new flywheel bolts. Be sure to check that the bolts do not bottom out, if they bottom out you will need to grind the bolts to allow proper seating. Use thread locker on the flywheel bolts and torque to factory specs. Hold the clutch disc on the flywheel using a clutch pilot tool and check the springs in the hub for clearance to the new flywheel bolts by rotating the clutch 360 degrees while holding it tight to the flywheel. If contact exists, clearance the bolt heads as needed.

The flywheel spacer comes with a new pilot bushing installed. The clutch can now be reinstalled. Follow factory or clutch manufacturer specs for clutch installation.
I hope that that spacer taps into the crank and not centers on the flywheel bolts. Then there is a ring on the crank to center the flywheel. Whole think looks like a clutch or flywheel launch scenario. But I won't pass judgment till I see the install of this kit.