View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 02:05 PM   #34
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
Anybody else run these and have any positive feedback? I ordered a set to run with a 2871 setup, but there hasn?t been much info available on them.
back in the day 05~ i tuned a bunch of sr with 256 264 272. They all do the same basic thing (it shouldn't be a surprise or response from someone about "what" the cam does)

thing is, the way they make cams today is different. Some companies do it wayyyyy different, materials and methods. So your question isn't one of how the cam "works" but rather how it was made, what materials were used, who cut it, how did that part go. Is it safe to use in your engine. Do the lobes match up with the cam card. Quality control.

so you can't easily ask a blanket question like that. Sure maybe from 05-08 the quality control was amazing but in 2012-2015 the manufacturing for the same exact grind was done somewhere else and its shit. or something like that

These days I would only buy a cam brand new directly from JWT or Tomei or HKS or Greddy. And use the matching valve spring and recommended valve hardware.
For some engines it doesn't matter but when it comes to sr20 I don't like to mix and match valve spring/cam manufacturers unless I am absolutely sure I need the extra pressure.
And then cross ur fingers.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote