View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #34
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post

I'll install Z32 rears next and most likely I'll install a brake proportioning last since I anticipate those brakes will shift the bias too much to the back.

Zero fade, but I'm not getting maximum braking potential right now as the rears are just along for the ride. So no fade, easy to modulate, heavy front bias, pretty good feel.
1) The rears tend to not do much work to begin with on these vehicles. The stock bias is 65-68/35-32 (or something like that). With the CTSV front/stock rears you are sitting somewhere in the 75-77/25-23 range currently

2) I would advise against a proportioning valve and tune balance via brake pads. I ran DTC 60/70s front and DTC 30/Hawk blue rear depending on bite or tire compound.

3) With Wilwood 1.75 F (4 piston) and 300ZX rears, the bias was very very close to stock. Your rear 300ZX brakes will NOT move the bias so far to the rear to necessitate a proportioning valve.

Do the math if you would like to confirm for yourself

Goodluck!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote