View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
I agree with all of the "live your life" comments, but I've had the best memories in my late teens and 20's in my s14. My car has never been super clean show-car status and my engine bay has never been anything remotely close to eye candy but it worked and I drove the shit out of my car.

A common problem I see with younger guys getting unmotivated and overwhelmed with a project is trying to do too much at once. When you want an engine with all the best parts in a car with all the best parts sitting on the best wheels on a budget and the car just sits.

My advice? Get it all running on the cheap. I'm not saying go and buy a bunch of cheap crap from China off Ebay, but stick with more of the OEM stuff. Run the stock t25 with the stock ecu/harness, stock exhaust, brakes, suspension..just get it running and driving again. Then drive it. Drive the shit out of it and upgrade it as you go.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote