View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
3/11/11

ProAm Rd. 1.

Day started off great. Got up early and headed out to the track arriving at 7am as usual. I was one of the first people there and I unloaded and got ready so I can talk shit to my competitors before the day begins.

Practice didn't start till 10:30 due to lengthy tech inspections of 30 cars. Next round will be better. I was first off the line in practice and the car felt a bit shaky. Didn't end up clearing any of my first few passes. Pulled in, checked tire pressure and went back out.

Did another pass, initiated, and spun. Something was definitely wrong. I got onto the access road and my driver side front wheel slammed into the fender well. The TC rod had exploded!

Went into the pits and started tearing it apart. Grabbed a bunch of bolts from Jared Thompson and Julian Jacobs. Also Justin (forgot your last name bro sorry) sold me a set of TC rods so I could get back out there.

The problem stemmed from the TC rod bracket bolts not being tightened down to the car properly. Most were missing or stripped. Bolted all that back together and after 2 hours it was time for qualifying.

I barely got the car back together and got on the line. No idea about my alignment, or if it would even hold together. Did my first run and cleared pretty easily. Not the greatest run but I thought I would be in the top 16.

Second run was better, still nothing to wright home about.

Third run I threw it all on the line.

What you know about backwards entry. Fucking nailed it. Qualified 3rd.

Got into tandem and basically got nervous and choaked my lead run. Spun at the last corner.

My follow run was even worse. I went against Josh McGuire and he did this crazy entry where his car was pitched the wrong direction then he flicked it back to carry the corner. Needless to say I fell for it and spun again.

Overall a very fun event and I will be back in force at the next one. I'll leave with a few more pics from the event.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-19-2017 at 12:33 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote