View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #628
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
aight guys, after 4 LONG months of rebuilding my motor, i finally finished...got it in, wired and bolted up, fluids are in and it sits good..now it doesnt start and i cant find out why..motor turns over just fine, it seems like it doesnt get any spark, fuel does pump

what can be the issue? spark plugs/cables are fairly new, maybe a year old and they're ngk..dizzy was aligned properly with the oil pump spindle, is hooked up and grounded

so again whats the issue? any suggestions?

please guys im so close to driving it again i wet myslef just thinking about it

oh its a SOHC ka
Does it spark? Pull a plug, crank it, and check for spark. Does the fuel prime? When you turn the key to the ON position, do you hear the fuel pump whine?

If both are good and you are cranking strong, start checking electrical. Check all the grounds. Check all the connections - make sure they are properly snapped together.

On my DOHC, it would not fire but would crank hard. It turned out I didn't put together a connector correctly so it wasn't getting a signal to spark. Look it all over. If you narrow it down some more but have no luck, post your progress.