View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #110
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownmotor View Post
Crankcase pressure will always go into your intake because of the PCV valve during idle or cruising in vacuum. Have you really looked closely at the PCV system on SR20's? Your "way" consist of a hose going straight to the oil pan which S13 SR20 has with a seperator between it coming from the T on the valvecover. Also you have a hose from the valvecover that goes to the intake with a catchcan between it which the stock S13 SR20 already does with the exception of a catch can in between. Sounds redundant. Then you go on saying "it preserve all the oil in your motor". How does it "preserve" all the oil in your motor when it's being vented?
The stock does not go to the oil pan, it goes to the crankcase, so that is a correction. In stock form, yes there is a stock separator, BUT you are missing that most people run an after market exh manifold, so the separator does NOT fit. Secondly, the stock separator fails to "separate" oil well enough that under 18PSI of constant boost on the track, it doesn't separate oil fast enough, hence I get blow by. Ok I put the catch tank in between the front T and then into the intake, the oil catch fills up. DUH so now I am low in oil, going to spin a bearing and blow my motor. In that exmaple oil that ends up in this catch does NOT return to the oil pan now does it?

My system retains the oil in the engine and drains back naturally. I don't think yo understand how this works.... I believe it has been explained WHY this system was put in place and how it works..... The blow by flows into the VC drains back down into th upper oil pan and the fitting out of the top of the Vavle cover goes into the catch into the intake. No, oil DOES NOT get sucked through the top as this is the 3rd time I have said it, there are baffles in place where that fitting is PREVENTING it fom sucking up oil.

Read the damn thread and not the last page....