View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Zerolift Autolab

This is my unbaised review of Zerolift Autolab.

Note: From what I understand, Zerolift Autolab has been under new management since April 2010.

Representative: Robert
AIM: ZLR0bert
Email: [email protected]

Vendor Information:
Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item purchased: S15 SR20DET Motorset

Communication: 71 PMs total between us.

Shipping: From Farfield, Oh to Commerce, Ca via ABF took six days, including the Christmas weekend.

Cost of purchase: $2700 (Shipped)

Items purchased:
- S15 engine
- OEM turbo, manifold, and elbow
- OEM MAF, Clutch fan
- ECM, ABS C/U (With this, I won't need a velocity signal modulator.)
- Engine Harness
- 6 Speed Transmission
- OEM clutch kit, dual-mass flywheel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Full commentary:
Looking for a S15 half clip or S15 motorset, depending on the price. Out of 14 inquiries, Zerolift Autolab offered the best price, shipped, for the parts provided.

Out of six S15 motorsets to choose from, I was able to get pick of the litter. Robert took the time to send me a picture of each motorset. I was able to confirm that each picture was recently taken by looking through the picture's properties.

I requested a lot of information from Robert, regarding the guarantee of a good engine, what exactly comes with the motorset, shipping process, what damage is expected during shipping, insurance etc. Robert had a quick, confident, and sincere answer for each question.

Answers:
- Engines are leak down tested. Results range from 5-15%.
- Shipped via LTL Freight shipment (Such as ABF or Road Runner)
- Bill of Lading and Pro Number provided once shipped
- No damage should be expected during shipment
- Shipment is covered with insurance for the amount of purchase

I had Robert send me a preliminary invoice stating the engine serial number and list the parts that would come with the engine.

I made the payment over the phone and provide very specific shipping instructions. I asked Robert to provide me an Invoice showing the amount paid in full, signed my Robert himself, as well as a copy of the Bill of Lading for the shipment.

The motorset was wrapped tightly with black saran wrap. The engine and transmission were placed side by side and steel-banded to the pallet. The motorset was shipped via ABF. Total shipping time was six days, including the Christmas weekend.

The motorset appears to be in great shape. Unfortunately, it did not come with the BOV nor the wastegate solenoid, though most motorsets will not have them included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last words:
Robert was on the ball. He did not give me any problems and maintained communication, which was my biggest concern. Robert took less than 24 hours to answer every PM, some with minutes.

The customer service I received was above average. Robert followed all my requests.

Therefore, I do recommend Zerolift Autolab for the purchase of a motorset.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links