View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #304
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
This is very interesting to me.
Ill try and keep you posted with the updates

Did a quick refurbish on the lenses. I say quick but it was actually hours of picking adhesive off and soaking in goo gone. One lens cracked when I removed it from the housing. Its not too bad and wont be noticeable once the covers are back on. Thats likely to happen when youre playing with 30 year old plastics.

Then it was into the hardcoating machine to repair all the minor imperfections to the lens surface.

The lenses are sprayed and then cured using UV lights.

Its hard to capture the difference it makes on camera. All surface imperfections (scratches, haziness scuffs) have been fixed and the lenses look absolutely brand new.

Its a slow process but it should all come together soon.