View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #37
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Hey Cody, Havnt seen you on either forums for a while. I was really looking into the S4 cams, or the BC 264 intake/ 272 exhaust cams. You are running S4 cams correct? Can you give me any feedback on thier specs and performance. For instance how is drivability, idle, etc?

I'm actually using JWT s3 cams, as I have a slightly smaller turbo, and was looking for the best mid range cam I could find for my HPDE driving. Idle is fine at stock 850, but for the most part it's suggested that you bump the idle up via IACV to about 925-950. When you order JWT ECU's, and you have their cams, you can actually ask for their S3 / S4 / S5 idle program to compensate.

The S4 cams however are better suited to your larger, .86 housing turbo, as it's more of a upper mid end to top end camshaft. Would S3's work? Yes, and well, but S4's IMO are better suited for the 2871r .86 and larger turbos, with the S3's being better for the 2871r .64, 28rs, and smaller series turbos (but they too work ok with larger ones.)

It's a trade off, but not in a bad way Either way you go will be good, but I tend to think S4's are just better per that application.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote