View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #414
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Worked the weekend but was able to squeeze in some wiring Friday night and here and there Saturday etc. I'll just cut to it this time.

Station

Wires everywhere but slowly cleaning itself up

Finished the two fuel pump relay grounds. This location was much better than the previous.

And this is why I wanted to double check EVERYTHING. STILL cleaning up the previous owners BS. The guy was nice enough..but there were A LOT of things he Failed to mention. Then after payment and I picked up the car..I go to the gas station and the car doesn't turn off. I drove straight back and he said "I don't know bro." The dick-head also took out the navigation and blue tooth unit after I put the down payment down. But whatever. Anyways here was where hacked into power. Ignition terminal area...yikes.

This clean-up repair took about 45 min. unexpected but a necessary fix. Glad I found it. Soldered everything that had frayed wires and used my higher end clear heat shrink over the thinner cheaper black stuff I had.

And finished. Also added 3 Power feeds that I may or may not use. One of them I will be using to power gauges, wideband, tc-3, ssi-4 and digitial EGT gauges. And the Others are just for the future if I need to power anything else.

So here is the accessory fuse box I picked up and I'll be mounting it on the underside of the cage A-pillar steering column support bar. It'll be easier to access here and I may even have a couple tabs welded to it just to solid mount it. But for now it's ziptied here so I can easily work on it. Not sure what amp fuses to use but i'd imagine with the low draw of all of the accessories that will be powered through it...they shouldn't have to be over 10A. Anyone with any input will be greatly appreciated.

since I had clear heat shrink I decided to do a little extra organizing. Power to wideband

Power to Fuse box for accessories...and future ones if need be.

And this was a bummer but I tried every possible location for the oil cooler fans switch...and it just wouldn't look good anywhere on the panel. So I had to settle on drilling the plastic dash.

Oil cooler fan switch installed

I also finished re-wiring up my Oil coolers. Decided to go from drivers side around the passenger side and then through the wheel well and into the cabin this way instead of going through the drivers side because there was simply more room. A little bit longer loom but it's nice and neat now so it won't matter. Wasn't able to snap pictures but I can't wait to get off work so I can go finish up and see how it's going to come together. I'm excited!! All nice, new, and solid wiring so now I don't have to wonder about this or that. I simply know that it's all legit and solid. So today I'll be running a few grounds, crimping power leads to gauges, routing and organizing. Wiring should be wrapped up shortly! Then off to start and knock out the manifold!!:icon_tup:

Stay tuned! more updates soon!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote