View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Evening folks!
time for todays little update, havent done much but it's going forward as usual

Today I only had a few hours to spend so had to work a little quick, started the day rethinking of the placement of the Meziere waterpumps, where I am using 1 pump each side of radiator. After some thinking and measurements I found the best spot top place the pump that will push water into the radiator:

Spot's great and will give quite short passage for the water to reach the radiator, I can tell that It wont help anything about cooling if one have 30 cm of tubing or 10 meters. Will mount the aifilter close the the car's frame in the large hole i Cut there, will pass waterpump fine so wont be any trouble hitting that.

Another thing I did today was testmounting the IC and the radiator, the new radiator is going to fit fine and I will have lots of space for maybe a 3rd or 4th Fan between the IC and radiator, as the OEM Aircondition radiator is long gone

2x 12" fans

About cooling the engine's oil, I wont be doing the classic way of having an air-cooled oilcooler. Instead i picked a watercooler oilcooler made for the Industry, like large diggers and other machines. This is of very high quality and can hold up to 40 bars of oil pressure ( Cause it's bare for hydraulics) and temperature up to 200. Effectivity is around 6kw and This will work great. "MadTech" SR20 project used this as well, they made over 900hp in their S14A.

Having a problem using SR20 top feed, will need some fabrication to make this work!

Peace!