View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Please bring S14 chassis experienced help (picture inside)

Hello,

I found an older picture of when the engine was out and was looking at the frame rail area and saw this

I am not good with chassis and suspension stuff.

This S14 will make a sound whenever weight is applied or removed from the strut area on both sides, but I feel this side more. For example if the tire hits a dip, or if turning more than just a little, or when I raise it with a jack and then put it back on the ground then sit on the fender. Its kind of a "clack" or "snap" sound, like a bad suspension part would make. Or a chassis problem maybe?

I've changed all the suspension parts for new OEM (except the original springs, ...) This includes:
LCA bushings
tie rods
ball joints
KYB struts
Strut mounts
Sway bar & links
TC rods

It steers perfectly, alignment is perfect. Drives straight very nice.
The noise doesn't seem to affect handling or driving. But I feel it in the chassis.

So is it possible this is the simple issue? can it be as easy as weld that area up? How does seam welding work in that area? I wasn't going to but apparently I need to? I think the person before me had the car, might have abused it "trying to drift". Does it make sense that this is a result?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links